BEING A MEMBER
Rotary is a network of members around the world working together to exchange ideas and take action.
Becoming a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of professionals who share your drive to give back. Through regular meetings and events, you’ll:
- Discuss our community’s needs and develop creative ways to meet them.
- Expand your leadership and professional skills.
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones.
- Connect with other leaders who are changing the world.
GET INVOLVED AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The top reason members cite for joining the Dublin-Worthington Rotary Club is giving back to our local communities through service. They stay in our club year after year because of the friendship and fellowship they develop through service. But simply joining isn’t going to change lives or develop relationships. That happens when you get involved in ways that suit your interests. You’ll shape your own experience and decide how to get the most out of your membership.
CONNECT WITH OUR CLUB
Membership in the Dublin-Worthington Rotary Club offers you opportunities to connect with other area professionals and community members who aren’t afraid to lead and are dedicated to making a difference. Spending time with fellow club members — whether attending a meeting, planning a project, exchanging ideas, or just having fun — can lead to lifelong friendships. When you get involved and make connections, you will inevitably grow as a person and develop new skills.
CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY
Through our club, you can connect with the communities we serve by learning about their needs and working on long-term solutions. Work with local leaders, our club’s partners and beneficiaries, you’ll strengthen both our community and your ties to it. Participating in a project that positively touches someone else’s life can be life-changing for you as well.
CONNECT WITH THE ROTARY WORLD
Rotarians make a difference on a global scale. Membership in the Dublin-Worthington Rotary Club gives you access to a global network of professionals and leaders who share a passion for applying their collective expertise and resources to make a positive change.
HOW WILL YOU GET INVOLVED
When you get involved, it’s not just our club and community that benefit. You benefit, too. As an active Rotarian, you’ll make connections and develop skills while “doing good in the world.” You’ll meet community leaders and tackle local and global issues that are important to you and our fellow club members. You’ll feel the shared sense of purpose that comes from working together to better our community.
OTHER BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE
- Rotary Global Rewards, our world-wide member benefits program, which offers discounts on products and services. It’s Rotary’s way of helping our members spend less so they can do more.
- The Rotary International Convention is our biggest event of the year. Rotary members from more than 130 countries meet at the convention each year to celebrate our successes and make plans for the future.
- Rotary Fellowships give members the chance to join a group of people who share similar interests, hobbies or vocations. Some groups use their fellowship to make a positive difference.
- Rotarian Action Groups unite Rotary members, family members, program participants and alumni who share their expertise in particular fields by collaborating with clubs and districts on projects.
- Rotary Community Corps is a group of people who share our commitment to changing the world through service projects. Rotary Community Corps members plan and carry out projects in their communities and support local Rotary club projects but are not members of a Rotary club. There are more than 10,000 corps in 100 countries.
If you’re looking to join a community organization full of all young people, then we’re probably not your group.
However, if you enjoy working with people who have years of experience as business owners and corporate managers as well as with emerging leaders and professionals, then we have something to offer you. About half of our members are working business people and local professionals with busy lives and families. And about half are retired or semi-retired, and some even have gray hair. Regardless of their ages, all our members share a common desire to make a difference in our communities and help others.
Our club is made up of more than 80 members who represent all aspects of our community from business and nonprofit leaders to service professionals to bankers, attorneys, educators, financial advisers, realtors, accountants and more.
Even though some members are no longer focused on their careers, as former owners of small businesses and company executives, they still have valuable experiences and knowledge to share with younger members, enabling mentoring and professional growth opportunities.
About two-thirds of our members live in the Worthington and Dublin communities, and approximately 70 percent work in the area. About 19 percent of club members are women.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
AS A NEW MEMBER
The most important expectation is for you to become acquainted with other members and get involved. Your sponsor will help you make connections with members who share your interests. Here are some things to work on:
- Attend club weekly meetings.
- Ask members about their memorable service moments.
- Participate in service projects and social events if they fit in with your schedule.
- Join a committee and use your professional skills and talents to help with a project.
- Pay your quarterly club dues.
ROTARY SERVICE MATTERS
Purchasing and assembling bags of food for children to use on the weekends and during the summer is one of the ways our club supports youth and their families through our partnership with the Family Mentor Foundation. Does it make a difference? You be the judge.